Just So, the family arts festival, produced by Wild Rumpus, has started to reveal its programme of artists, performers and new areas for families to adventure through in 2018.
Now in its 9th year, Just So is dedicated solely to children and their families, offering arts and unique experiences.
Some of the new additions are:
- Playground of Illusions, a new area full of mystery and trickery from Travelling Light Circus to see the world in a new light in this hypnotic fusion of science and art.
- Roll Up, Roll Up will be a large-scale, lakeside area, dedicated to all things circus and seaside. In this most spectacular and flamboyant area of Just So, expect tumblers, somersaults and aerial mastery from the best performers in the land including spectacular high wire show Equilibrius and tightrope workshops from The Bullzini Family.
- The Flamingo Lounge is a new area filled to the brim with all things dance and tripping the light fantastic.
- Idlewood area to enjoy family yoga, tai chi, Indian head massage, and reiki. The area also considers live music and performance together including Canopy of Stars performed in the trees from Whispering Woods.
- Ministry of Games for the ultimate board games experience.
Rowan Hoban and Sarah Bird, directors of Wild Rumpus, set up Just So Festival in 2009 to create a spellbinding weekend where families could step out of their day to day lives, be immersed in incredible stories and moments of wonder together, and experience world-class, breathtaking outdoor arts.
“We hunt high and low throughout the UK and beyond to find the very best performers and artists who we think can bring the festival to life. We love incorporating Just So traditions with new and exciting ground-breaking outdoor arts which we hope will create the most incredible memories. So roll on 2018 and in the words of the great Maurice Sendak ‘Let’s make mischief of one kind or another’,” the organisers said.
Commenting on the partners behind the event, Festival director Sarah Bird, added: “We’re delighted to continue our relationship with Without Walls – a consortium of UK festivals commissioning and touring extraordinary outdoor arts as well as the Northern Festivals Network ensuring high-quality programming for families at greenfield festivals in the North of England.”
Wild Rumpus manages the Northern Festivals Network. Awarded Arts Council Strategic Touring Funding until the end of 2018, the network will continue to ensure high-quality family arts events at greenfield festivals across the North of England.
Member Festivals include Cloudspotting, Festival Number 6, Just So, Blue Dot, Kendal Calling, Head For The Hills Festival and Underneath The Stars.