Isle of Wight 2015 confirms Blur as final headliner
March 27, 2015 9:58 AM
Blur has been announced as the final headliner at Isle of Wight Festival 2015.
The band will play on the Saturday night, joining the festival to support their first album in 16 years, The Magic Whip, out 27 April.
The British summer is just not complete with a trip to a festival, said Blur's Alex James. We've never played Isle of Wight Festival before so we're really looking forward to this one.
Blur join previously confirmed headliners Fleetwood Mac, The Prodigy, The Black Keys, Pharrell Williams, Paolo Nutini, Jessie Ware, James Bay, Billy Idol, Paul Oakenfold, The Charlatans and more.
Isle of Wight promoter John Giddings said: I'm a huge fan of Blur and have always wanted to bring them to the Isle of Wight Festival, so I'm really pleased we've finally done it. I know they're going to blow the crowd away on the Saturday night.
Now in its 14th year, Isle of Wight Festival takes place 11-14 June at Seaclose Park.