Steve Heap (AFO), Jon Drape (Ground Control), Chris Johnson (Powerful Thinking) and Nick Morgan (Big Cat Group) lead the names confirmed to speak at Showman’s Show’s first-ever ‘Campfire Sessions’ next month.
Over the show’s two days, held at Newbury Showground from 19 to 20 October, 10 sessions will take place. Topics on the agenda include:
- How will Brexit affect the industry?
- What are organisers, promoters and production teams doing to tackle crime and its impact at festivals and outdoor events?
- Health and safety and CDM at festivals and outdoor events
- A quick-fire beginner’s guide to starting a festival
- Using data analytics to drive ticket sales
- An update on Festival Vision: 2025
- How will recent changes to legislation affect your event?
Chris Smith (WOMAD), Marino Fresch (Eventbrite), Kelly Hasbury (Plaster Communications) and Will Hodgson (Symphotech) complete the line up of newly confirmed speakers.
“We’ve worked hard to compile a comprehensive programme and gathered a great bunch of people to deliver content,” said show organiser Johnny Lance. “Having a pool of leading industry experts for our visitors to tap into should really increase their knowledge and understanding.
“We’re also creating a relaxed environment that will allow people to step away form the hustle and bustle of the show, enjoy a coffee and interact with our speakers. It should all make for a highly successful formula.”